These general terms and conditions apply to bookings processed through the booking office of Grupotel Hotels & Resorts accessible through the domain www.grupotel.com (hereinafter, the Website).
The booking office of Grupotel Hotels & Resorts is operated by GRUPOTEL DOS, S.A. (hereinafter, GRUPOTEL), whose registered address is Crta. Artá-Pto. Alcúdia, 68 (07458) Can Picafort, Santa Margarita, Spain, tax identification no.: A07919087, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. +34 971 85 00 61/ Fax. +34 971 85 13 18.
Bookings made through the Website constitute a contract between you (hereinafter, the Customer) and the company, whose company information is given on the hotel?s description sheet (hereinafter, the HOTEL). The description sheets of the hotels that make up the Grupotel Hotels & Resorts chain are available at http://www.grupotel.com/es/hoteles.html.
The following channels are made available to Customers to address any requests, queries or complaints:
- Website contact form
- Information on prices and bookings, hotels and general suggestions or comments: email@example.com
- Complaints made following a stay at one of our hotels: emails must be sent to the email address of each hotel appearing on the voucher and on the hotel?s own Website.
- Suggestions and comments on the website: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Technical problems when using the website: email@example.com
These general terms and conditions are subject to the provisions of Spanish Law 7/1998, of 13 April, on General Terms and Conditions of Business, Spanish Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007, of 16 November, approving the revised text of the General Defence of Consumers and Users Law and other supplementary laws, Spanish Law 34/2002, of July 11, on Information Society and E-commerce Services, as well as all applicable Spanish tourist legislation and, secondarily, the Spanish Civil Code and Code of Commerce.
The completion of bookings through the Website is subject to the following clauses:
- Statements: The Customer states:
- That he/she is of legal age and has full capacity to complete the booking, stating that he/she understands and comprehends all of the terms and conditions contained on the Website.
- That the information provided when completing the booking is accurate and complete.
- That he/she confirms the requested booking and, in particular, the rooms and services selected, the dates indicated and number of guests.
- Website access: Access to this Website is the responsibility of the Customer.
- 3. Booking:
3.1. In the booking, the services are detailed in accordance with the terms and conditions of the rate, these being given on the Website through which such booking is requested or made. These specific terms and conditions, together with the general terms and conditions, must be accepted by you before completing the booking. The contract may be provided in Spanish and in other languages ??available on the website. In the event of any discrepancies between the translated versions of these terms and conditions, the Spanish version will prevail.
3.2. The Customer accepts that GRUPOTEL and the HOTEL assume no obligation or liability whatsoever for services not directly provided by them, each acting within the scope of their respective obligations. This particularly applies to any inaccurate, incomplete or outdated information on offers, prices, features and any other relevant information about products or services from external providers that are advertised or may be booked through the Website.
3.3. Online bookings: The process for making bookings online is the following:
- Availability: Date search and selection of room type and number of people.
- Collection of personal data and acceptance of the general terms and conditions.
- Request for card details and payment by card via POS gateway.
- Booking confirmation, error or payment cancellation.
Once the Customer has made the booking, he/she will receive a ?booking voucher? by email, which must be printed as proof of purchase and booking. The Customer must keep this voucher until arrival at the hotel and show it at reception. If the Customer does not present this voucher upon checking in, the HOTEL shall not be liable for any errors that may arise in relation to the booking, either regarding the rate, number of people and/or services.
The booking will be electronically filed as a separate record on the booking database, and the Customer may request a copy of it at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.4. During each step of the booking, any errors made when entering information may be corrected using the ?back? button on your browser. Information provided when making your booking will also be included on the booking voucher. If Customers detect any errors, they must immediately request that the appropriate corrections be made by sending an email to: email@example.com
3.5. Bookings on request (bookings on request): For services that can only be booked on request, unless otherwise specified in the terms and conditions of the rate, a request for availability shall not mean completion of the booking, this being subject to fulfilment of the requirements indicated on the Website through which your request was made, as well as confirmation from the HOTEL.
3.6. The Customer agrees and undertakes to use the room and facilities of the HOTEL properly. Any behaviour contrary to good morals and public order shall grant the HOTEL the legal right to cancel the booking and ask the Customer to leave the establishment. Such cancellation will not result in any compensation or reimbursement of the amount that the Customer has already paid.
3.7. Pets are not allowed in any of our establishments.
- Price and payment:
4.1. The terms and conditions, the price of the planned stay or of the service(s) requested and accepted payment methods are those expressly defined in the terms and conditions of the rate included on the website where you requested or made the booking, and GRUPOTEL reserves the right to change prices by notifying the Customer.
4.2. Unless specifically stated otherwise, the prices indicated on the the Website are retail prices and include VAT. This is without prejudice to the establishment by local, island and regional authorities of taxes or fees levied directly to accommodation service users.
4.3. The rate breakdown shall reflect the final price of the service purchased, indirect taxes or any other fees applicable in the country where the service is provided, with any exceptions as stated. If such fee or tax is implemented after purchase or booking, the Customer authorises such fee or tax to be charged through the chosen payment method.
Pursuant to Spanish Law 2/2016, of 30 March, on the tax on tourist stays in the Balearic Islands, the Balearic Islands Government shall impose a tax on all stays in hotel establishments in Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza and Formentera, from 1 July 2016. The amount of the tourist tax for stays between 1 May and 31 October is ?1.50 per person per day and ?0.75 between 1 November and 30 April, plus 10% VAT. A reduction of 50% on this tax applies from the 9th day of a stay in the same establishment. Those under 16 years of age are exempt. The Balearic Islands Government requires us to collect this tax, which is payable upon arrival at the hotel.
4.4. The transaction will be made in EUROS, regardless of the Customer´s home country.
4.5. Unless otherwise stated in the terms and conditions of the rate, your booking will be guaranteed by credit card, with a charge by way of a deposit being made securely through a virtual POS upon booking, which will be deducted from your final bill at the hotel.
4.6. Transactions carried out through the Website will be billed by each of the companies that are detailed in the description sheets of the hotels in which you make a booking. The Customer authorises the HOTEL to impose charges under the terms and conditions of the rate, for example, to cover possible penalties for late cancellations or no-shows, accepting that the payment information provided will be used for this purpose.
4.7. Promotions and offers will only be valid for as long as they are accessible to service recipients.
4.8. As a general rule and unless otherwise specified in the terms and conditions of the rate, drinks are not included in Half Board (breakfast and dinner) or Full Board (breakfast, lunch and dinner).
4.9. Hotels belonging to Grupotel Hotels & Resorts apply the following rates for children:
- Cots (children from 0-1 years of age) FREE
- Discounts for children aged 2-12 years old accompanied by 2 adults staying in the same room.
- Changing or cancelling bookings:
5.1. It will be possible to change or cancel confirmed bookings when this is not expressly excluded by the terms and conditions of the rate. Any change or cancellation must be requested in writing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org directly to the HOTEL at the email address or fax indicated in the hotel?s description sheet available on the Website and on the booking voucher.
5.2. Any changes to bookings are subject to hotel availability and the HOTEL may apply processing charges as indicated in the following section.
5.3. Unless otherwise specified in the terms and conditions of the rate, the following charges will apply depending on how long in advance you request to change or cancel your booking:
- Low season (from 1 November to 30 April): Less than 24 hours before the arrival date, 100% of the amount paid.
- High season (from 1 May to 31 October): 7 or more days before arrival, 10% of the amount paid.
- 6-4 days before arrival, 50% of the amount paid. 3 days or less before arrival, 100% of the amount paid.
5.4. No refund will be made in the event of failure to show at the hotel on the arrival date, cancellations after the date of arrival or stays completed before the booking date.
5.5. The HOTEL may cancel the booking as a result of unforeseeable circumstances or force majeure, and such booking will be void, without right to any legal claims or compensation. This circumstance shall be communicated to the Customer, if that is possible, by the means used for booking confirmation.
- Right of withdrawal: In accordance with the provisions of Article 97.1.i) of Spanish Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007, you are hereby informed that, pursuant to the provisions of Article 103 l) of Spanish Royal Decree Law, you are not entitled to the right of withdrawal.
- Nullity of the clauses: If one or more of the clauses contained in these general terms and conditions is declared totally or partially null, void or unenforceable, this will affect only the provision or part in question and this provision shall be deemed severable from the remaining terms and conditions without affecting their validity or enforceability.
- Acceptance: The request for and formal completion of the booking necessarily implies that each and every one of these general terms and conditions, regarded as an integral part of the booking and supplemented by the terms and conditions of the specific rate, as well as all applicable legislation, have been expressly accepted by you. These terms and conditions, the specific terms and conditions of the rate and the booking voucher or request contain all the obligations of the parties involved. No general or specific term or condition communicated by the Customer may be included in these Terms and Conditions. The documents that make up the contractual obligations between the parties are, in order of descending priority, the booking voucher or request (including the specific terms and conditions of the rate selected) and these Terms and Conditions.
In the event of a contradiction between the booking voucher and the Terms and Conditions, the provisions of the booking voucher will apply.
- Notifications: All notifications, requests, requirements and other communications issued by the parties in relation to these terms and conditions must be done in writing and shall be deemed to have been duly made when they have been delivered by hand or sent by ordinary mail to the postal address or sent to the email address of the other party.
- Applicable law and jurisdiction: Without prejudice to the rights granted to consumers by Spanish Royal Legislative Decree 1/2007, of 16 November, this contract shall be governed by Spanish law and its conflict of law rules. Any dispute arising from this, the use of the Website, or the services linked to said Website shall be submitted to the jurisdiction of the competent Courts corresponding to GRUPOTEL?s registered address, the Customer expressly waiving any other jurisdiction that may apply to him/her.
Version 2.0 ? June 2016