Mallorca is an island sheltered by the Mediterranean and dominated by light and calmness. Considered by many as one of the most beautiful places of our country, Mallorca is a place where to get lost and live a unique experience. Discover the island visiting every cove and natural park, admiring the turquoise waters of our sea and contemplating the views of the Sierra de Tramuntana. At Grupotel Hotels & Resorts we offer you the best tourist attractions of the island so that you enjoy your holidays like never before.
An island full of secrets
Majorca is an island of contrasts. Let yourself be carried away by the island´s gothic and modernist ambiance and discover the reason why the island is the preferred resting place by the world´s jet set or the setting of endless films. But where to start? With a submarine tour in Andratx´s waters, a meal in Puerto de Soller or a sunset in the beautiful Cap de Formentor.
The temple of sun
Beyond its undeniable history, its importance as a tourist destination and the natural beauty of its landscapes, Mallorca is sun. It is a perfect place for those who want to enjoy outdoor meals and sunbaths in settings such as Playa de Muro, Camp de Mar or Cala San Vicente.
Playa de Muro, on the north of the island, is a must visit place for those who want to discover the charm of the beaches.The indispensable Mallorca
Visiting the old Lonja de la Mercaderia, mingling with the island´s inhabitants and participating in local markets, such as Sineu´s market; contemplating some of its panoramic views with a good wine from the land or enjoying a shopping afternoon around the most beautiful streets of Palma´s centre are perfect options for you to discover the essence of the island. An open, historic and multicultural island, a place where to feel happy, rest and enjoy. Places to visit in Mallorca
- The Seu: Palma is one of the few cities in the world with a cathedral with views to the sea. The Seu, apart from being a reference gothic temple, is a cathedral overlooking the Mediterranean. With the Parc de la Mar at its foot and the Almudaina Palace guarding its main entrance, the Seu features the largest rose window in the world.
- Bellver Castle: Bellver Castle, the only round castle in the world, is located in Palma, at the heart of a hill and more than 100 metres above sea level. This gem of the European gothic style will make the delicacies of history lovers and will offer them one of the best views of the Balearic capital.
- Palma´s patios: One of the most beautiful experiences one can live in Palma is visiting the patios of the old stately houses of the city. They are silent, intimate, mysterious and charming patios which will take you back in time, to another world, to the Mallorca of other times.
- The roman city of Pollentia: Apart from being a reference in the gothic and modern architectural style, Majorca has been chosen throughout history by many civilisations which have left their mark on the island?s traditions and culture. An evidence of that is the Roman city of Pollentia. The old capital of the island offers a unique cultural experience to the whole family.
Discover Mallorca?s Cathedral (La Seu) and the patios of the old stately houses of Palma during your holidays.What to do in Mallorca
- A boat trip: Although there are many available plans in Mallorca, few things are as gratifying as a boat trip. It is a perfect option for you to discover unique places such as Dragonera, Malgrats Islands, Andratx´s coast or other places difficult to access by foot, like Sa Calobra or Cabo Formentor. Majorca is a fishing island, so do not miss this sea experience to get all its essence.
- A vermouth in Santa Catalina: Santa Catalina neighbourhood is one of the most authentic ones in Palma, a meeting place famous around the island for its traditional Saturday vermouth. The tour starts at Santa Catalina Market and goes through the different bars of this area of the city.
- Trekking in Tramuntana: The vivid, stunning and large Serra de Tramuntana is one of the main places of interest of Majorca. It is a mountain range of spectacular shapes and unique nooks declared World Heritage by the UNESCO. Which is the best option? To discover the mountain range with one of the many trekking routes available.
- A visit to Sineu´s market: Early in the morning every Wednesday, the small village of Sineu comes to life with its surprising market. An exhibition of fruits, vegetables and typical pastries which has become an attraction for tourists who want to discover Majorca.
- The descent to Sa Calobra: If you want to discover one of the most beautiful and amazing places in Mallorca, do not miss the descent to Sa Calobra, a cove located at the heart of Escorca whose beauty has brought it to be the setting of films, advertisements and music videos. A unique natural setting in the world with a special magic.
- Shopping in Jaime III, Es Born and Sant Miquel: The international fashion and the most exclusive local brands come together in Jaime III, El Borne and Sant Miquel, the most important commercial streets of Palma´s historic centre and three authentic historic gems of the city. Enjoy a unique shopping session and take in the natural charm of these streets of the most authentic Palma.